Wednesday 29 October 2008

food for thought

So for this project we're kind of thinking

the Busy World of Richard Scarry and Sesame Street meets Mega City One crossed with Howl's Moving Castle (which, on a side note, I just found out is based on a book by this charming old lady).



Lively dancing buildings


Fruit with wheels


Neither of these bits of animation are quite how my 5 year old mind told me they were. I imagined MORE bouncing buildings in the Sesame Street outro, with faces and hands... And the busy World of Richard Scarry is a lot more quaint with a lot less weird buildings than I remember.

Here's the intro to the God awful Judge Dredd movie, I'll do a more elaborate post on 2000AD artists that actually does the idea of Mega City One a bit of JUSTICE lololol when I have more time, I've not even watched this through but it might have some big future buildings in it... Blade Runner is a better movie for this obv.


And finally here's the trailer for Howl's Moving Castle

(you can also watch the whole movie on youtube starting from here)


This post is a bit rushed, I said earlier that I'd browse flickr for some inspiring images and they were meant to go here but that hasn't happened. If the library near home is still open when I get there then I'll expand then but if not then this is all until tomorrow.

Be sure to check out bigcitybits.blogspot.com for all of my development work for this project, it's a bit bare at the minute but trust me, there's more to come.

Also Jac and Nate have been modelling all day based on my most recent drawings and things have been looking nice so keep your eyes peeled for updates on their pages too.

So LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGcat

No comments: